Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dispatch

Abe now says, "Mama." And he seemed to understand that we were seeing real animals at the zoo today which are the same ones he sees in his picture book at night.

At the nearly-deserted barn, the cow mooed suddenly, loudly, scaring the crap out of us. Jonah bolted, yelling, "We've got to get out of here!!!!"

So, what about this? I try to go for one day without being the cause (or one of the causes) of my son's misery. It seems so simple. Tomorrow, at school, his teachers are going to work together to try to figure out why he can't rest during rest time. Ummm, because he's afraid Mama hates him? I hope that's not it. Tonight I asked him why he thought he could not just rest, and he said, "Because I don't know how long I have to rest before the teacher says, 'It's time to get your shoes on. Rest time is over.' "

No comments: