Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gestational logorrhea: week 6

We saw it today - transparent sac
deep inside, with a yolky snack.
No beating heart. Early still for that.

The lack of preciousness this time around is astonishing. No time to navel-gaze, literally or otherwise. Barely time to shove food into my endlessly hungry maw, sometimes food pilfered from the firstborn's ration, when we're out and about. Lifting the boy out of his crib is a test of my endurance, which usually leaves me collapsed in the armchair in his room until I'm summoned to the rug for the umpteenth pretend picnic of the day. How tired will I be when I actually have something to show? Just now I look paunchy, only slightly paunchier than Before.

First appointment today left me with a slightly sick feeling about the new doctor I chose - turns out it's yet another Baby Factory. A thorough practitioner who talks at about 3.5 times the normal speed (even by NYC standards). In and Out (well, except with an hour-long wait to go In). I am hoping the midwife returns my call.

No comments: